Friday, August 04, 2006

the early bird gets the orange!

This morning I made a very early morning trip to Starbucks to send my friends off to Africa on a bit of a caffeine-high. I have to say I was absolutely giddy with joy when I discovered a three pack of mini Starbucks syrups, one of which was my beloved Valencia Orange! (Reference point in case you missed it.) I had already checked out, but immediately snatched up a couple of packs and pulled out my gold card again. I then enquired why they had the mini when they discontinued the syrup, and apparently I wasn’t the only one who loved the syrup. They use to use the orange flavor in their iced tea, and the iced tea lovers have also missed the Valencia syrup, so because of the public outcry they are bringing it back! If I had only written a letter instead of a blog entry this might have happened sooner. But let’s not dwell in the past; instead we will relish the future full of Valencia Orange syrup. I can now continue on in my pathetic dating life, knowing that the inevitable down days will be soothed once again with my orange elixir.

1 comment:

Y. said...

I'm glad you're back posting! =)