Monday, March 19, 2007

T, my modern day knight in shining armor…

A few days ago, I knew I needed to stop and get gas on the way home; the miles left count down on my dash must have zeroed out on my way home the night before, but typical me, I didn’t notice until on my way to work the next morning. And of course, also typical me, I didn’t have time to stop without risking being late to work. At least I remembered after work of my sad need of fuel. I stopped at a gas station and searched for my coin purse that holds my credit cards. While frantically looking in every corner of the bottomless pit known as my purse, I came to the sad realization that I had taken it out the day before and forgot to return it. Although the new commute home is much less than before, I knew I would surely run out of gas if I tried to make it back home. I did one last ditch effort search before looking up. When I came up for air, I couldn’t help but smile. There was my friend T from work with a smirk on his face and laughter in his eyes, as he sat in his car holding out a $20 for my fuel tank. He had just seen me at the gas station on his way home, and noticed me looking through my purse, so he figured something was wrong and he pulled off and waited. He must have been sitting there for three minutes or more while I had my head buried in my bag, then he just smiled and handed me the cash and went on his way. His ability to read me is so disconcerting. Nevertheless, he did save the day.

No comments: