Tuesday, April 10, 2007

submit urself woman…

Last year I had a friendship with an attractive man that ended after a now infamous text message was sent to me. We had been fighting because he didn’t respect my time commitments, and everything revolved around him and his schedule; narcissist comes to mind. Since we weren’t speaking to one another he opted to text me demanding that I stop and pick him up so he could fix my roommate’s computer. I communicated back to him in a text that I needed an apology before I would be able to stop and pick him up. I thought this was a reasonable request. However, silence ensued, which makes me think he didn’t think an apology to be a reasonable course of action. Later that night he text messaged me saying, “There’s only 1 man here n that’s me so stop acting like 1. Submit urself woman!” I literally laughed out loud. However, I know his intention wasn’t to make me laugh. He was serious! He sent it one more time in the early morning hours. I didn’t feel any need to respond, and that was it for our friendship.

That is until last night. He sent an email asking if I was ready to apologize. His words exactly were, “You miss me don’t you? And boy I’m looking better than ever! Ready to apologize?” Who says this?!? It's like a bad comedy routine! Now from a psychological standpoint, I get that his bravado and narcissism is just a cover for insecurities, and we all have them, but really… I guess all I can do is laugh since I’m not ready to submit!

No comments: