Wednesday, June 14, 2006

the stars are aligned


Today at lunch we went to a little hole-in-the-wall Vietnamese place, Vinh Loi Tofu, which had a write-up in the LA Times. It literally only has three tables in the place, but the food is great. If ever you are in the Reseda area and hungering for Tofu you should check it out. Anyway the funny thing is we were competing for a table with the actor, Hector Elizondo. I remember him most recently from the Princess Diaries (don’t judge me, I’m sure you secretly wanted to see it too!), but I also loved him as the doorman in Pretty Woman, and I really enjoyed him in Chicago Hope. So running into an actor in the LA vicinity isn’t necessarily funny, or unusual for that matter, but it is a little funny in an odd way considering this is the second time in a couple of months that we have run into him at different places at lunch time. Hmmm, maybe I’m destined for the movies!?! Or maybe we will only ever just consume Vietnamese and Shabu at the same time.

No comments: