Sunday, May 14, 2006

random connections

I've known for quite some time that I'm not a big clubber. On the few occasions that I have gone out, I really have enjoyed myself, but probably not for the same reasons that others enjoy the experience. For me it is a grand study in human nature, and I spend most of the evening watching people. Last summer I went with friends to Vegas for a quick trip, and of course when in Vegas you have to go out. I found the whole experience rather odd in a fun, funny sort of way. Let me explain. 1. We wait in line for forty-five minutes 2. This wait earns us the right to pay big bucks once we get to the door. 3. Once inside the door, there is literally no room to move, and the crowd becomes one giant entity that occasionally sways us to a bar where we buy overpriced watered down drinks, or swings us to a dance floor where millimeters of movement is allowed. 4. In the wee morning hours the entity has broken apart enough to allow a track of hook-up potential that continually circles the club.

This weekend I spent some time at Disneyland, an activity that occurs much more frequently for me than clubbing. However, the thing that struck me after my DL outing was how very similar it is to the clubbing outing: long lines, lots of money, crowds that become a singular entity, and late night with slightly less hook-up potential.

4 comments:

Y. said...

Darnit HBo. I thought I was sending out all the right signs too! ;-)

HB said...

If this is in reference to the hook-up potential, just know that its not for any other reason than I don't want to even try to compete with T!

Y. said...

LOL. I'm relieved to hear I haven't lost it then! =)

HB said...

Are you kidding!? Especially in that great new hat... watch out Cabo!